NEW BAND BIO
We want to play shows, travel, meet cool people and not go bankrupt doing it.
If you can help us out with the above please do so. You won't be sorry. We're a pretty good live band and are nice people to work with. Some of us are even funny.
We like to make punk and metal and are not afraid to try out something different from time to time. Maybe the term 'noiserock' would describe us best.
We are from Holland. Goedendag.
We started this band at the end of 2005 and debuted live early 2006. So far we played hundreds of shows all over Europe.
Some live highlights:
- Doing a weekendtour with Nomeansno.
- Playing with Coalesce multiple times on their first (and only) European tour.
- Getting flown in to do a one-off show on the beautiful island of Sardinia, Italy.
- Opening for Jello Biafra in the main hall of a nearly sold out Paradiso, Amsterdam.
- Playing at a packed Debaser in Malmö during a short Scandinavian tour.
- Playing in Paris twice.
- Doing 4 shows at Vera Groningen.
- Doing 7 shows at 013 Tilburg.
- Being the only band out of 26 that got a 10/10 rating at the No Sleep Tilburg festival.
- Playing live on Dutch radiostation 3FM.
- In 2009 we did a number of shows with 2 drummers.
- Playing the Incubate festival (2010) as well as its predecessor ZXZW (2006) in Tilburg.
- Opening for Kylesa, Fucked Up (twice), Baroness and Dillinger Escape Plan.
- Survived the legendary afterparties in Tours (France) all 4 times we played there.
We also won a Kink FM award in 2007 and were forced to spend an hour with Stacey Rookhuizen in her radioshow.
We are regulars at Studio 195 in Wernhout, The Netherlands.
Most of our recorded output is released via Black Death Records.
Our recording history:
- In 2006 we released a split 10" with Daily Fire. It got re-issued with new artwork in 2011.
- In 2007 our debut album 'Good Cop Bad Mood' came out. This record was well received by the press, comparing us to Helmet, At The Drive-In, Refused, Fugazi, Melvins and Black Flag.
- In 2009 a limited split cassette with The Unborn was released by Brainwreck Records.
- That same year our second album 'Storm Is Coming' was released. The lyrical theme on this record is Arthur Rimbaud's 'Le Bateau Ivre' from 1871. Next to the comparisons drawn when the first album came out, this time the media also spoke of Botch, Drive Like Jehu and Breach. The 11-minute closing piece got compared to the music of John Zorn, The Ex and Sonic Youth.
- In 2011 we released a split 12" with Greyline. We added some Mastodon and Weedeater to our sound and experimented with Hammond organ and violins. For one of the songs on this record we did our very first professional videoshoot.
In the summer of 2012 we spent a week at an isolated cottage in the French Dordogne to write new songs. We came back with 10 songs and are currently finishing and recording them (plus writing more) for what will become our third full-length album.
That's pretty much it. Bottom line: we want shows. Thank you.